Wednesday 10 January 2018

Lemon Detox Day 5 – Listen to Obi Wan Kenobi

May the force be with you.  One of the classic philosophical statements of the 20th century, or just some tosh from Star Wars that Obi Wan said?

Well as many of history’s greatest scholars and sages have been at pains to point out, there is a universal life force that runs through everything.


Call it Chi, call it the Universal Consciousness, call it The Force, call it whatever you like, but getting in touch with it is generally considered to be a good thing.  Just ask Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad or David Icke.

By Day 5 of the lemon detox I feel like I’m more in tune with this life force than usual.

My mind is sharper, colours seem  brighter and bolder.

Everything feels crisper, more alive somehow.  Sounds weird but it’s true.

If you’ve ever had anything like a near death experience, you’ll know the feeling of ultra sensation that immediately follows.  That’s how I feel right about now.

Why is this?  Who knows.

Does everyone feel like this on the detox?  You’d have to ask them.

For me it’s certainly real and I put it down to being physically internally cleaner than I could ever usually imagine, plus being  mentally free of the usual routines and structures that eating inevitably brings.

The usual stop start pattern of work/eat, effort/reward disappears.  And for me this is unintentionally liberating.

Some may say I’m just delirious and talking shit because I haven’t eaten any solid food in 5 days.

If that’s what you’re thinking, I’ve got one thing to say to you -  the force is strong in this one.

Now go and get your light sabre so we can settle this the spiritual way.

No comments:

Post a Comment