Thursday 8 March 2018

Lemon Detox Day 6 – Yoga and Headaches

I’ve got a yoga DVD called Yoga For Surfers, which is great as I like yoga and love surfing.

Normally I avoid instructional DVDs like the plague, especially for something like yoga where it’s meant to be about mental calm as much as anything else, but this one works really well for me.

Anyway, it’s a very tough, strenuous 45 minute workout of ‘Vinyasa Flow’ yoga and I’ve not done it for a long time.  So today I got it out, dusted it off and went to work.


It was hard going, aching arms, caked in sweat, you get the (pretty) picture.

Then later I went for a 30 minute run and sauna.  I shot the Day 6 video just after and was feeling great.  All good.

The trouble was I only drank 5 glasses of juice today.  So I was totally knackered, fell asleep by 8.30pm, then woke around 10.30pm with a pretty bad headache.

The moral of this fascinating story?  Don’t overdo the exercise and if you train, make sure you drink plenty of juice and load it up with maple syrup.

The maple syrup is really the only place you will get any meaningful calories, so don’t be shy – after a long run I often drink a bit of it neat, straight from the bottle – what a nutbag eh, I just don’t care!

And if you’re thinking you want to lose weight on this diet so you don’t want too much maple syrup, remember two things -

1/ this program is not primarily about losing weight, it’s about cleansing

2/ you will lose weight anyway, don’t be stupid about it and push it too far.

The last you want to do is get ill as you’ll look like a right schmuck and have people crowing ‘No wonder you’re ill, you haven’t eaten for 6 days’…I can hear it now! ;-)

Read about transience in tomorrow’s post Day 7 – Nothing Is Forever.

Or go back to The 22 Post MasterClass menu.

Enjoying the diaries?  Get out your digital megaphone and spread the word…

No comments:

Post a Comment